Product added to cart
- When you register on the Web Site, we will ask you to provide us with certain information, such as your name, contact details and certain demographic information. We will store this information and use it where reasonably necessary, to provide you with any products and services that you request from us from time to time.
- We may also use the information you provide us in order to contact you with details of products and services offered by us and our affiliates from time to time and otherwise for the normal use and improvement of the Web Site, unless you have asked us not to do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may also use information you provide us in response to surveys and to aggregate user profiles and to measure interest in various parts of the Web Site and to inform advertisers of such information for the avoidance of doubt, we will not pass any information that identifies you personally to any unaffiliated third parties without having first obtained your permission.
- We may also use any information you provide to us where required to do so by law or to enforce our terms and conditions of use of the Web Site.
- To enable us to monitor and improve the Web Site, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your operating system, browser version, domain name and IP address, and the details of the web site you came from. This information will not identify you personally.
- Our Web Site may link to other web sites and we are not responsible for their data policies or procedures or their content.
- We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information including the use of encryption technology, but cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online.
- We may supplement the information that you provide us with information we receive from third parties. You have the right, in certain circumstances, to receive information about the personal information we maintain on you. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, please contact us.
- We have certain responsibilities under legislation to verify the identity of users and may need to make certain enquiries and obtain certain information from you for that purpose. You confirm that all information you supply will be accurate and that we may pass on such information, as we consider necessary to comply with any reporting requirements.
- Finally, given the global nature of the Internet, from time to time, we may need to transmit information you provide to us to countries outside the EEA.
Your rights over your personal data
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- The deletion of the data we hold about you, in specific circumstances; for example, when you withdraw consent or object, and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end (such as the end of a warranty).
- A computer file in a common format (CSV or similar) containing the personal data that you have previously provided to us, and the right to have your information transferred to another entity where this is technically possible.
- Restriction of the use of your personal data, in specific circumstances, generally while we are deciding on an objection you have made.
- That we stop processing your personal data, in specific circumstances; for example, when you have withdrawn consent, or object for reasons related to your individual circumstances.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
- Review by a Partner of any decision made based solely on automatic processing of your data (so where no human has yet reviewed the outcome and criteria for the decision).
- You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
- If we choose not to action your request, we will explain the reasons for our refusal.
- Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data, such as administration of an extended warranty.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice.
If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.